Symphony MediaAI’s (SMAI) vision is to create a System of intelligence through a suite of solutions that assists clients through AI and Machine Learning. Already the preeminent leader in Audit and Revenue Management Services for the media industry; auditing billions of dollars on behalf of major media companies in the Fortune 500 throughout the world, we are evolving with the media industry to provide it with the next generation of intelligence and insight that will propel our clients’ business forward through an ever-changing landscape.
Due to a consistent increase in the demand for our services, Symphony MediaAI is seeking a results-driven, highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our team.
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 3+ years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift, etc)
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker)
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
- Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
- Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus